Undergraduate Research at MU isn’t just for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) students! All undergraduates can get involved in research, scholarship, and creative scholarship regardless of a student’s academic year, major, or interests.
Students engaging in research benefit in many ways:
- Clarify career and academic goals
- Gain experiences and knowledge that transcend the classroom
- Build relationships with faculty
- Develop skills sought by employers: teamwork, communication, leadership, critical thinking
- Prepare to continue research in graduate school
There are many opportunities in research, scholarship, and creative activity at Mizzou. We encourage students to be proactive with their research goals and to reach out to their advisors, instructors, and fellow students to make their own path.