The Office of Undergraduate Research was established to:
- Facilitate collaboration among existing undergraduate research programs;
- Promote undergraduate research to internal and external audiences;
- Encourage new initiatives to create and enhance undergraduate research opportunities.
Unlike most classroom experiences, undergraduate research programs at Mizzou allow students to explore the unknown through hands-on work with faculty mentors.
The Office of Undergraduate Research organizes the MU Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum each spring and summer. All Mizzou students who have conducted independent research and have a faculty sponsor/recommendation may participate. Students present their research in various formats including oral presentations, poster sessions, performances, scholarly and creative work, and art displays.
- Jamie Arndt, Psychology
- Elizabeth Chang, English
- Roger Fales, Mechanical Engineering
- Jerry Frank, History
- Shari Freyermuth, Biochemistry
- Jung Ha-Brookshire, Human Environmental Sciences
- Lynda Kraxberger, Journalism
- Antoinette Landor, Human Development and Family Science
- Nicole Monnier, Russian
- Jeannette Pierce, MU Libraries
- Chad Rose, Special Education
- Lisa Scheese, Trio Advisor
- David Schulz, Biological Sciences