The Office of Undergraduate Research was established to:
- Facilitate collaboration among existing undergraduate research programs;
- Promote undergraduate research to internal and external audiences;
- Encourage new initiatives to create and enhance undergraduate research opportunities.
Unlike most classroom experiences, undergraduate research programs at Mizzou allow students to explore the unknown through hands-on work with faculty mentors.
The Office of Undergraduate Research organizes the MU Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum each spring and summer. All Mizzou students who have conducted independent research and have a faculty sponsor/recommendation may participate. Students present their research in various formats including oral presentations, poster sessions, performances, scholarly and creative work, and art displays.
- Nicole Campione-Barr, Psychological Sciences
- Elizabeth Chang, English
- Jung Ha-Brookshire, Human Environmental Sciences
- Brett Johnson, Journalism
- Gavin King, Physics
- Pazia Mannella, Art
- Tim Parshall, Fellowships Office
- Brenda Peculis, Biochemistry
- Jeannette Pierce, MU Libraries
- Chris Pires, Biological Sciences
- Hani Salim, Engineering
- Stephen Whitney, Education, Counseling & School Psychology