Vision: Mizzou strives to advance a culture where all interested undergraduates engage in a quality research or creative scholarship experience.
The Mission of the Office of Undergraduate Research is to foster and support mentored undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity in a premiere research environment.
Objectives: The Office of Undergraduate Research seeks to achieve this mission by
- Fostering growth of the practice of undergraduate research and creative scholarship
- Maximizing the student experience and enhancing quality of the experience
- Increasing visibility of the opportunities and outcomes of undergraduate research
- Serving as a central resource for MU students, mentors, programs, and departments
The Office of Undergraduate Research was established to:
- Facilitate collaboration among existing undergraduate research programs;
- Promote undergraduate research to internal and external audiences;
- Encourage new initiatives to create and enhance undergraduate research opportunities.
Unlike most classroom experiences, undergraduate research programs at Mizzou allow students to explore the unknown through hands-on work with faculty mentors.
The Office of Undergraduate Research organizes the MU Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum each spring and summer. All Mizzou students who have conducted independent research and have a faculty sponsor/recommendation may participate. Students present their research in various formats including oral presentations, poster sessions, performances, scholarly and creative work, and art displays.
- Pamela Brown, Biological Sciences
- Nicole Campione-Barr, Psychology
- Roger Fales, Mechanical Engineering
- Jerry Frank, History
- Shari Freyermuth, Biochemistry
- Lee Ann Garrison, School for Visual Studies
- Jill Kanaley, Human Environmental Sciences
- Zachary Massey, Journalism
- Antoinette Landor, Human Development and Family Science
- Nicole Monnier, Russian
- Jeannette Pierce, University of Missouri Libraries
- Chad Rose, Special Education
- Lisa Scheese, Trio Advisor