Subscribe to our newsletter,
At MU, we believe that undergraduate research and creative scholarship involves a key relationship between faculty and students developed through informal and formal learning experiences. Faculty facilitate student ownership in scholarly processes and products, encourage students to become a member of a scholarly community, help students make contributions to oneself or a field of study, and support students’ career development and preparation.
MU defines undergraduate research as student engagement in scholarship (e.g., research, creative, or professional projects) designed to lead to generalizable knowledge or other such outcomes as may occur in a particular field of study. It is a faculty-mentored experience using approaches, methods, and analysis appropriate to the discipline.
Mission: The Office of Undergraduate Research fosters and supports mentored undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity in a premiere research environment.
Vision: Mizzou will advance a culture where all undergraduates engage in a high quality research or creative scholarship experience.
Request a presentation
Are you interested in having us present to your class? Maybe your student organization is interested in learning more? Or what about your department? We are happy to come to your group and present in-person or via Zoom about the benefits of Undergraduate Research, resources to get involved, funding opportunities, or even how to start recruiting undergraduates to work in your lab/group.
- Pamela Brown, Biological Sciences
- Nicole Campione-Barr, Psychology
- Roger Fales, Mechanical Engineering
- Jerry Frank, History
- Shari Freyermuth, Biochemistry
- Lee Ann Garrison, School for Visual Studies
- Christopher Josey, Communication
- Antoinette Landor, Human Development and Family Science
- Nicole Monnier, Russian
- Jeannette Pierce, University of Missouri Libraries
- Chad Rose, Special Education
- Kathleen Rose, Journalism
- Leeanne Sherwin, Nursing
- Andre Thorn, Center for Academic Success and Excellence
- Nancy West, English