The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking students engaged in undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity, to serve as ambassadors for the 2023-2024 academic year. Ambassadors will be responsible for representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events on and off campus. Students will NOT be asked to miss class to participate in events.
Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of their application and an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors, including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Students from ALL MAJORS are encouraged to apply!
2022-2023 Undergraduate Research Ambassador Application: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_391X0IlV8IURQYm
Interviews can be held via ZOOM, or in-person.
- Helping with workshops throughout the year
- Giving presentations to Freshman Interest Groups, classes, and student organizations about getting involved in research.
- Representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events.
- Helping at Show Me Research Week events in April, including the Research & Creative Achievements Forum.
- Help at the Visual Art & Design Showcase events
- Attending biweekly meetings during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Hold Peer Advising hours (via Zoom) throughout the Fall & Spring semesters.
- A great resume-building experience.
- Opportunity to interact with faculty and academic professionals.
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter.
Download a PDF with more information.
For more information, or if you would like to have the Ambassadors come and talk to your group contact us at 573-882-5979, email@example.com.