Become an Ambassador
The Office of Undergraduate Research will be seeking undergraduate researchers to serve as ambassadors for the 2017-2018 academic year in the spring semester.
Students from ALL MAJORS are encouraged to apply!
Download a PDF with more information.
Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Giving presentations to Freshman Interest Groups, classes, and student organizations about getting involved in research.
- Representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events.
- Helping at the Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum in April.
- Biweekly meetings in the Fall Semester and monthly meetings in the Spring Semester.
- Taking part in one of the three Ambassador Committees (Recruitment and Outreach, Program Development, Training).
Participation as an Undergraduate Researcher includes benefits such as:
- A great résumé-building experience.
- Opportunity to interact with faculty and academic professionals.
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter.
- Your own name badge and undergraduate research polo.
TBD – Spring 2018
Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of their application and an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences.
For more information, contact the Jenn Brown at the Office of Undergraduate Research (573-882-5979, (firstname.lastname@example.org).