The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking students engaged in undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity, to serve as ambassadors for the 2021-2022 academic year. Ambassadors will be responsible for representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events on and off campus. Students will NOT be asked to miss class to participate in events.
Students from ALL MAJORS are encouraged to apply!
Interviews will be held via ZOOM. Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of their application and an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors, including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Helping with workshops throughout the year
- Giving presentations to Freshman Interest Groups, classes, and student organizations about getting involved in research.
- Representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events.
- Helping at the Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum in April.
- Help at the Visual Art & Design Showcase event
- Attending biweekly meetings during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Hold Peer Advising hours throughout the Fall & Spring semesters.
- A great resume-building experience.
- Opportunity to interact with faculty and academic professionals.
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter.
- Your own name badge and undergraduate research polo.
Download a PDF with more information.
For more information, or if you would like to have the Ambassadors come and talk to your group contact us at 573-882-5979, email@example.com.