Become an Ambassador
The Office of Undergraduate Research will be seeking undergraduate researchers to serve as ambassadors for the 2017-2018 academic year in the spring semester.
Students from ALL MAJORS are encouraged to apply!
Download a PDF with more information.
Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Giving presentations to Freshman Interest Groups, classes, and student organizations about getting involved in research.
- Representing MU and the Office of Undergraduate Research at various functions and events.
- Helping at the Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum in April.
- Biweekly meetings in the Fall Semester and monthly meetings in the Spring Semester.
- Taking part in one of the three Ambassador Committees (Recruitment and Outreach, Program Development, Training).
Participation as an Undergraduate Researcher includes benefits such as:
- A great résumé-building experience.
- Opportunity to interact with faculty and academic professionals.
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter.
- Your own name badge and undergraduate research polo.
Wednesday, March 22 at 12 p.m. in Room 171, Bond LSC OR Monday, April 24 at 5 p.m. in Room 107, Bond LSC
Wednesday, April 26 by 5 p.m. (via email or in-person)
May 3 – 5 in the Office of Undergraduate Research, 150 Bond LSC
Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of their application and an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences.
For more information, contact the Jenn Sanders at the Office of Undergraduate Research (573-882-5979, SandersJenni@missouri.edu).