Nominate your Mentor for the Outstanding Faculty Mentor of the Year Award!
Any regular MU faculty member whose student plans to present their research at the Spring 2021 Undergraduate Research & Creative Achievements Forum. Faculty will be eligible for this award once every five years.
Nominations may come from current students or faculty colleagues. Persons wishing to nominate a faculty member for this award should submit the following information to the Office of Undergraduate Research (150 Bond Life Sciences Center) by noon on Tuesday, April 13th.
- A nomination letter (up to two pages, single-spaced type), which includes:
- Full name of nominee, as well as his or her current position and academic unit;
- A description of how the nominee supports and promotes undergraduate research and creative and scholarly achievements at MU;
- Name and signature of nominator.
- Supporting letters from faculty colleagues and previous undergraduate mentees are welcomed and encouraged. Typical nomination packets include 2-5 supporting letters.
- A list of undergraduate mentees from the past five years and a list of their accomplishments (i.e. papers, presentations, current positions) is encouraged but not required.
Application materials may be emailed to Dr. Linda Blockus (BlockusL@missouri.edu) in a single attachment. There is no formal nomination form – all needed information can be provided in the cover nomination letter.
Prior Award Recipients
- 2020: Mili Kuruvilla-Dugdale and Antoinette Landor
- 2019: Ferris Pfeiffer and Paula McSteen
- 2018: Antje Heese and Aaron Stoker
- 2017: Chris Wikle and Michael Marlo
- 2016: Donald Burke and Stacy Wagovich
- 2015: D Cornelison and Daniel Domingues
- 2014: Nicole Campione-Barr and Heather Hunt
- 2013: J. Chris Pires and Matthew Bernards
- 2012: William Folk and Sheila Grant
- 2011: Nancy West and Andrew McClellan
- 2010: Rocio Rivera and John Viator
- 2009: Kathleen Newton and Charlotte Phillips
- 2008: Judy Wall and Chris Pires
- 2007: Cathleen Kovarik and Paul Bolls
- 2006: Christopher Hardin and Judith Goodman