Mentor Award Nomination
Nominate your Mentor for the Outstanding Faculty Mentor of the Year Award!
Any regular MU faculty member whose student plans to present their research at the Spring 2018 Undergraduate Research & Creative Achievements Forum (April 17th). Faculty will be eligible for this award once every five years. For a list of previous award recipients, see the above list. For stories about recent recipients, click here.
Nominations may come from current students or faculty colleagues. Persons wishing to nominate a faculty member for this award should submit the following information to the Office of Undergraduate Research (150 Bond Life Sciences Center) by noon on Thursday, April 5 2018:
- A nomination letter (up to two pages, single-spaced type), which includes:
- Full name of nominee, as well as his or her current position and academic unit;
- A description of how the nominee supports and promotes undergraduate research and creative and scholarly achievements at MU;
- Name and signature of nominator.
- Supporting letters from faculty colleagues and previous undergraduate mentees are welcomed and encouraged. Typical nomination packets include 2-5 supporting letters.
- A list of undergraduate mentees from the past five years and a list of their accomplishments (i.e. papers, presentations, current positions) is encouraged but not required.
Application materials may also be emailed to Dr. Linda Blockus (BlockusL@missouri.edu) in a single attachment. There is no formal nomination form – all needed information can be provided in the cover nomination letter.