Posted on Jan. 25, 2020
• Assist with basic laboratory procedures: DNA isolation, PCR, preparing buffers, solutions for marker genotyping lab.
• Assist with greenhouse experiments: pot preparation, watering, and harvesting.
• Assist with general tasks in the lab: washing lab glassware, keep lab neat and tidy.
• Assist with field study (during a growing season): planting, note-taking, tissue collection, and harvesting.
• Majoring in biology, biochemistry or other life science related subjects, but not required.
• Responsibility, reliability, dependability
• Good experience with functions of Excel or Word software
• Attention to detail, good communication and organization skills.
Faculty Mentor or Sponsor
• Flexible scheduling-will work around classes, exams, etc.
• Great opportunity to gain experience in greenhouse and molecular genetics laboratory
• Pay rate will be increased based on good performance.
• No nights/weekends work
We encourage students to include a resume or transcript when e-mailing a faculty mentor to apply for a posted position.