Posted on Oct. 12, 2018
The selected student will help with processing climate data for an National Science Foundation research project that seeks to understand crop yield and water demands in the Southeastern United States under future climate scenarios. The datasets are large and required use of cluster computing on campus.
- Knowledge of handling large datasets (>7 million data points per file)
- Good organization and communication skills
- Basic coding skills, R preferred
- Experience with using cluster/parallel computing a plus
- Statistics class completed
Faculty Mentor or Sponsor
Please email Hai Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Chris Costello email@example.com if you are interested. Please attach a resume and include in the email how your skills and interests align with the project.
We encourage students to include a resume or transcript when e-mailing a faculty mentor to apply for a posted position.