Benefits of undergraduate research
By participating in undergraduate research you will:
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a Mizzou faculty member that can earn you a great recommendation letter — a necessity for acceptance into graduate school and professional programs (law school, medical school);
- Help clarify your academic and career interests and goals;
- Acquire knowledge in your academic field that transcends classroom study;
- Enhance critical skills in communication, independent thinking, creativity and problem-solving;
- Enhance professional and academic credentials to support applications for scholarships, awards, career employment and entry into graduate and professional schools;
- Engage in the creation of new knowledge on the cutting edge of an academic discipline and apply that knowledge to real-world problems;
- Participate directly in the University’s central mission of scientific discovery, scholarly activity and artistic creation.
You can receive academic credit and may be eligible for departmental honors.